Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I was officially welcomed to India yesterday with a stomach bug that wiped me out for a day. BUT, today I am much better! Praise God! The last time I got this sick was probably nine years ago in India. ha! The good news is this time in was in a hotel room with a/c and a television...last time was on a 30-hour train ride. I am feeling good now, my body is now purged from whatever it was. Just pray I stay healthy for the time in Calcutta. Jon and I leave for Calcutta on Friday.
The rest of the time here in Goa has been great and relaxing. Just taking it slow, enjoying the beach and pool, and catching up with Jon after a year. It will be good to see Word Made Flesh friends serving in Calcutta. They spend time with the women who prostitute there and God has been doing some amazing things in the lives of several women there. More on that later. I also plan to spend a day with the patients at Kalighat, the house for the dying started by Mother Theresa. I imagine I will be flooded with memories from my visit nine-years ago, when our team served there and had the blessing of meeting Mother Theresa just a couple of months before she died.
Thanks for hanging in with me blogger freinds. The posts may be a little more sparce, depending on schedules and internet cafe availability. I will be home in just about two-weeks.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
yep, i'm in india!
Posted by David B. at 11:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
The mom in me says get yourself home. The believer in me says praise the Lord for his care. The friend in me says thanks for the pic and the updates. Carry on. Love
You met Mother Theresa. And I though it was all that to meet the Prez.
Post a Comment