A year ago this week I completed a series of retreats called The Journey (www.theleadershipinstitute.org), which continues to be a significant part of this season of sabbatical and discernment. I have often shared that I can't imagine these past couple of years with this retreat process, the retreat peeps I shared the journey with (go Gen 11!), and the mentors who continue to invest in my life and provide spiritual direction. I had the opportunity to go up to Forest Home for a day and night this past week and join the current Journey retreat communities. The time and place was meaningful for me! Not only has it been a year since the last retreat, but Forest Home has been a significant place for me and God over the past 20 years. Lots of challenges and lessons learned at College Briefing retreats every Labor Day weekend...first as a college student, then as a wanna-be college student, then as a college pastor. It has now been almost two years since I was last up at Forest Home, so it was good to spend time with God in the prayer chapel and around the camp.
It was a sweet day of both thanksgiving and looking ahead. I can't even begin to recount all the amazing ways God has worked these past 12-months! So much to be grateful for! He has truly provided some rich and deep soil of discernment for decisions ahead. Stay tuned!
Saturday, May 05, 2007
journey retreat day and forest home...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment