I have hesitated to share much about my new apartment, since you never know how things will go. But, as of today, it is looking like a pretty sure thing! (After the owner/landlord’s questions on why a norteamericano would choose to live in this low income neighborhood and wonder about my pay stub salary. ha!) We sign the contract tomorrow and I move in next Monday and Tuesday! Thank you, Lord! It is a great one bedroom apartment in the La Boca neighborhood. Both the Deans and the Forcattos are within 10-minute walking distance. It was the first place I looked at….thanks to Walter spotting it on the way to Cora’s school one day. I think it will be a nice place to make home and the location is perfect! The historic and colorful section of La Boca is a tourist destination here, but the Lonely Planet tourist guide is quick to warn tourists to stay safe by not straying off or exploring without an “experienced guide.”
Looking forward to all God has ahead in my new “hood”! I’ll post pictures after I am settled in.
The next few days will be busy getting some furniture and essentials for the apartment. It will probably take awhile to get phone and internet connected at the new place, so I imagine I will be even more MIA then usual. Hopefully, I will be back in the blogging game before too long.
PS - For a sneak peek at my June prayer letter...click here. Although it won't be a lot of new info to blog readers. :)
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
new pad in la boca!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment