CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 23, 2006

cold & wet in roma...

It was hot, humid and felt like 100.4 the day I left Buenos Aires. Today, my first full day in Rome is wet, rainy, and feels like COLD. But, I am loving it here! Every where you look there is significant history, ancient buildings, works of art, fountains, and statues. Sensory overload! Just trying not to panic as I figure out how to make time and space to soak it all in. Since the day turned wet, I spent the afternoon at Saint Peter's Basillica at the Vatican. WOW! TV and pictures don't do the massivness and beauty justice. Visited the tomb of Pope John Paul and other previous popes. I climbed the stairs up to the top of the Basillica dome. What a view (even on a cloudy day)! I enjoyed taking it all in and lingering there! I'll go back Sunday and visit the Vatican museums and the Sistine Chapel.

Sorry to say I haven't experienced all the good food yet....Eating on the run and saving up! Stay tuned. Took a ton of pictures, hopefully, I can get a few posted sometime soon.

More soon! Gotta catch my bus back, so I don't have to walk in the rain!

1 comments:

Family Blog said...

Dave,

So great to follow what's going on. Miss seeing you. We're praying for safety and for a great experience. Hard to believe your on the other side of the world. Take care brother. Hope you're checking your comments. Also it was great to see pics of the Forcattos.

-Matt A.