CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 04, 2006

off to argentina...

Tomorrow morning (Super Bowl Sunday) I begin my around the world trip! Words can not express the gratitude in my heart for all the love, affirmation, and encouragement from family, friends, and the church. I am so incredibly blessed with a solid foundation of love and support! My heart has been so full these recent weeks. Thank you for sharing in all this with me! God is so good!

I recently compiled a list of prayer requests at this stage. I have included them below.

1) Pray that I will make every effort to abide and grow in closer relationship with Jesus, as I seek His best for my life and ministry. Pray that He will shape, direct, and clarify His perfect plan each step of the way!

2) Pray for safe and healthy travel on my around the world trip.

3) Pray that I can encourage and bless the friends I will be visiting who are serving around the world, including Walter, Adriana, & Cora Forcatto in Argentina; Brian, Anita, Ami, & Bradley Biedebach in South Africa; Jon Derby in India; and others.

4) Pray that God will continue to shape my heart by those I meet on these trips, including the children who live on the streets in Buenos Aires, the sick and suffering in Calcutta, those suffering from AIDS and poverty in South Africa, and others.

5) Pray that I can continue to grow, learn and practice all I am learning from the spiritual direction course I am currently taking.

6) Pray for my week pre-visit to Cape Town this March 15-22, as I make effort to connect with ministries and churches serving those in need there. Pray that I could make a couple solid ministry relationships in preparation for my time there in early-2007. Pray that I would share God’s heart and love for all those I meet.

7) Pray that God would prepare me for my five-months in Brazil, living in a favela slum community and spending time with children living on the streets. Pray that Holy Spirit would equip me to be an instrument of grace, compassion, and hospitality to all those I meet and spend time with.

0 comments: